Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006之最

Guess what? I saw a mouse in our kitchen with my very eyes!!! And my housemate saw three at the same time!! The most horrible thing of 2006.

I have phobia about mice, rats, hamsters or anything belongs to these families. Their appearance made me panic. I can not possibly function well or think properly.

My panic continued until I googled 'pest control' service in my area. Thank God for them! A guy with round eys came. I thought of 黑猫警长 when I saw him..

He checked every corner of the house and found TWO dead mice (poisoned by me and the friend who layed the goodies). Also, he found that the old drainage system of our victorian house was abandoned but not blocked. And the hole was left open also in the storeroom!! More poison in the special designed boxes were spread. 警长promised me that he will pay a return visit next week just to make sure.

Our maintanence man is one of few people who think I as a lady should have nice and clean house to stay. He came the next day and concret those holes.

Peace returned after all the hassles.

Today, I cleaned every inch of the area that mice could possibly touched. New steel rubbish bin replaced the old plastic one. According to 警长, the ivy on the outside wall should be teared down to prevent roof burglars.

Now I have the feeling of peace and security. And I summarised something below. It's for you if you have similar problems.

1. It's ok to panic. We all have fears.
2. Open your fear and problems to friends. So they know how to help.
3. No solution? Don't waste time. Google it!
4. There is no quick way to escape from the place. We have to deal with the problem.
5. Clean! Clean! Clean! Keep enemies away by all means.

There is nothing better when I feel secure and peaceful.

3 comments:

irene said...

Braveo Bravo !!! PRoud of ya !

Gary Wood said...

And I thought my wife was afraid of mice. Your post brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

Rachel said...

Gary,you're welcome! Please keep mice away from your wife oh.