Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Those books and movies...

I am sure there are many versions of Serendipity. In fact, many books I read were telling the same truth... Ok, here is a list of books and movies that changed/impacted my thinking.

1. Hana Lu Lu

Who do not love Hana Lu Lu 花仙子?If they don't, that's because they're not women...

花仙子gave me the vision to see the world. It showed me that the world is bigger than what I lived and I can be a beautiful person with various talent.

One day, when I have a daughter, I will show her this cartoon and ask her what she  think of it....

2. What the old man does is always right.--- one of Anderson's stories

I am sure it was the Danish version of Serendipity. I remember that I kept going back to that story and wanted to conclude something. My conclusion was---there is nothing better than a happy family. Rest will come with it. 家和万事兴。

3. 卖枣 a very very old Chinese cartoon story.

A guy wanted to sell his fruit so he tried to sell them as either sweet or sour depending who he met. Unfortunately, when he guessed the person's tasted would be pro-sweet, they liked sour; when he guessed the other one would like sour taste, they liked sweet.... He lost the game.

I was 5 when watching this. I told myself. Never change what I truly believe. Life will reward me with my share, in due time.

4. Notro-Dame de Paris 巴黎圣母院

I was 14 or 15 when I read this book. It touched me so much. I learned what is the real beauty of humanity.

5. 金庸

Compare with my friends, I didn't read that many books of 金庸。 I only read 2 or 3 of them. I remember clearly the postscript of one book. It said, 'one day, what we think important now, such as money, fame, patriotism, even religion will fade, but love, kindness & friendship will never die.'  I agree.

I think these lines told me what I should see as important in my life, what are just temporary.

6. 亦舒 

She taught me how to live my single life. Here I am.

No comments: