Friday, March 01, 2013

Girlfriend

A girlfriend called for advice. She couldn't get out of the sad feelings after the broke up. I felt sorry for her. She is a beautiful girl, full of energy and fun. My French friends (male) think the same.

Of course, the other man must have thought the same but he was just not that into her. 

I listened to her and told her how unique and beautiful she is in our eyes. She asked me, 'how did you walk out of it before? ' I wanted to tell her that I didn't walk out of it. I died in it. The person she sees now is a new one.... 

I didn't say that, instead, I said, 

'Everyone came to our life for a reason and for a season. Some stays for long and some stays for a short while.  God knows them all. The most important is to know that God cares about YOU more than anyone else. He cares more about who you are, instead of who you are with... 

After each beautiful yet painful encounter, we are changed, more or less. It will be good if we are able to appreciate life more and love people more. We would fall into a trap if we become more bitter towards the world around us....' 

She listened, then she said, 'It's easy to say...' 

Of  course, I myself didn't achieve that. That's why I died in it and struggled to come out as a new person. Maybe it's easier that way? 

No comments: